Sunday, June 28, 2009

How can I improve?

I was at a great conference for the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) and sat in on several fabulous break out sessions. One in particular was by Mary Kay Slowikowski (love the name, by the way). Her session, "Success is 90% Attitude" included this assignment. Go to some of the important people in your life and ask them "How Can I Improve?" "How can I be a better spouse, parent, coach, friend, leader, etc. I love this because it focuses on growth and improvement, rather than focusing on the negative. What better way to impove your life than to get feedback from those important to you?

Here a couple tips:
  • Go to people you trust and you feel they will be honest with you.
  • Do not go to people who are negative or don't support you.
  • If it's uncomfortable to ask in person, send them an email.
  • Listen with an open mind and take steps that feel comfortable for you.
Give it a try and see what people have to say. I'd love to hear what this experience is like for you.
Ask the important people in your life....How can I improve?

Keep me posted.

This Is Your Life....Make It What You Want!

No comments:

Post a Comment